Ruger 77 Gunsite Scout
Beware the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it -Maj Jeff Cooper.
Never has this been more true than with the Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle, the one rifle to have if you could have only one. It is the perfect lightweight, hard-hitting, do-it-all bolt-action rifle.
18" Stainless Steel non-threaded barrel version
- The forward-mounted Picatinny rail allows for the mounting of modern optics, like an intermediate eye relief scope (not included), for "both eyes open" sighting and super-fast target acquisition.
- Also offers a built-in, accurate sighting system with ghost ring adjustable rear aperture sight and a protected, non-glare post front sight.
- 10-round, detachable box magazine with push-forward, Mini-14 style, magazine release just forward of the trigger guard (additional 10-round, 5-round and 3-round factory magazines available in both steel and polymer.
- Patented integral scope mounts, machined directly on the solid-steel receiver, provide a stable mounting surface for scope rings, eliminating a potential source of looseness and inaccuracy in the field (1" factory Ruger scope rings included).
- Soft rubber recoil pad with buttpad spacers allow the rifle to be properly sized for different shooters or varying levels of outerwear or defensive gear (three 1/2'' spacers included).
- Precision-rifled, medium contour, cold hammer-forged barrel.
- Rugged and reliable with a glass-reinforced nylon trigger guard and magazine well, and a black laminate stock with checkered grip and forearm.
- Non-rotating, Mauser-type controlled round feed extractor is the most positive case extraction system ever invented, and features a fixed blade-type ejector that positively ejects the empty cases as the bolt is moved fully rearward.
- Also Includes: rugged, one-piece, stainless steel bolt; three-position safety; studs for mounting sling swivels.